simple hit counter

Want to stream Saturday Night Live, Law & Order? They’ll have to switch from Hulu to this platform soon

One of the leading broadcast networks is pulling the plug on streaming its shows to streaming platform Hulu, preferring its own streaming platform instead.

Here’s the latest and what fans of NBC shows should know.

What happened: As of September 19, 2022, NBC and Bravo are shown to no longer air on the streaming platform Hi On the next day. Instead, the shows will continue to air exclusively the day after their network premiere peacockNBC’s parent company’s streaming platform Comcast Corporation CMCSA.

With the move, new episodes of hit shows like Saturday Night Live, Law & Order, The Real Housewives, Top Chef, and Below Deck will no longer be available on Hulu.

“We’re excited to offer Peacock customers a one-stop destination to stream the incredible programming that airs year-round on NBC and Bravo,” said Peacock and NBC Universal Direct-to-Consumer President Kelly Campbell said.

Related link: Sand runs out in Hourglass: Days of Our Lives is moving to a streaming platform after more than 50 years on network television

Why it matters: Peacock ended a content-sharing deal with Hulu back in March, making the latest announcement expected for many.

Comcast co-owns 33% of Hulu Walt Disney Co DIS owns the remaining 67% and controls the platform. Comcast has a deal to sell its stake in 2024, a move that’s expected and could boost Comcast’s stock price with the streaming platform’s increased valuation.

NBC also announced that it had recently moved its long-running soap opera, Days Of Our Lives, to Peacock.

Peacock offers next-day streaming of Bravo and NBC shows and is also home to several NBC Universal films such as Jurassic World: Dominion and Sunday Night Football.

The company said it offers premium TV, film, sports and news content with less than five minutes of advertising per hour for $5 per month.

Coinciding with the announcement of the news, Peacock introduced a new offer of $1.99 per month or $19.99 per year for new Peacock customers in September.

Peacock had 13 million subscribers at the end of the most recent quarter, flat from the previous quarter.

Hulu ended the most recent quarter with 46.2 million subscribers for both free and paid plans, up 8% year over year. Hulu is one of the Disney streaming platforms set to see price increases later this year.

Comcast’s latest move will be watched in the next quarterly report to see if it gives subscribers a boost.

CMCSA Price Action: Comcast shares are up 0.24% on Thursday to $37.25.

Photo: ©2019/Mary Ellen Matthews/NBC via NBC; L&O screenshot (cropped)


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published.